ny semi-decent travel agency website these days is already SEO optimized. Those are table stakes.
SEO companies trolling for your business will run a free report on your site that shows you should be using an H1 instead of a H2 tag on one or more of your pages.
But truth be told, that’s very little of what you need these days. According to Google these are the most important things that will cause you to rank higher:
- Have relevant content that people want
- Update your website frequently
- Link to your site from other important websites
Your “SEO Consultant” is not going to do any of those things for you - they’ll only tell you that you need to do them and collect a big fat fee.
Here are some more strategies you can follow to boost the above:
- Have strong headlines and opening paragraphs for everything you write.
- Repost to other channels and link back to your site.
- Go into detail on everything.
- Write how-to and industry related content in your blog.
The dirty truth about SEO, is that having high quality content is 95% of the work. The other 5% is the little tricks in the SEO reports that they did with your “site analysis”.
The more content you have on your site, the higher the chances of people finding you.
It’s that simple.
Emerging Trends in Travel Agency Content Marketing Part 2
Creating an authority where Google will send web traffic to your website is not easy. Fortunately, once you understand the...
Creative Strategies to Grow a Quality Email List
Strategies we have used at Travel Agency Tribes to grow an enviable email list...