1 Vacation Motivation
As a travel agent, you will need to determine the reason your clients want to go on vacation.
Below are a couple of questions that you can to send your
customers in order to understand their motivation for taking a vacation:
- Are you taking the vacation to challenge yourself?
- Do you want to go on vacation to learn?
- Are you looking to expand your perspective?
- Are you looking to get in touch with yourself?
- Are you looking to appreciate your life?
- Is this vacation meant to build and strengthen your relationships?
- Will your vacation include adventures?
- Are you looking for an escape to get some work done?
- Is this going to be a relaxing and rejuvenating vacation?
- Are you out celebrating anniversary, honeymoon etc.?
- Do you want to take a vacation to relieve stress?
- Is your vacation medical based? Do you want to prevent heart and other lifestyle diseases?
- Have you been looking for some help to maintain your focus and you think this vacation is it?
- What is your budget range for this vacation?
- Do you want to improve your productivity by taking a break from your work?
- Are you looking to improve your sleep quality by taking this vacation?
- Do you want to leave your comfort zone and challenge yourself?
- Are you looking to get inspired by a change of scenery?
- Has your work turned into routine and are looking for something more interesting?
- Do you want to network over a round of golf during your vacation?
- Do you want to get a different perspective of life by taking an overseas vacation?
- Do you want to create family or some 'me' time?
The vacation timelines affect things such as;
Budget – Taking a vacation off-season is usually cheaper than travelling during peak season. You will need to communicate to your clients about the timelines so that they can plan for the vacation that’s within their budget.
Shopping – Most cities have peak shopping seasons. In a city like New Orleans for example, you will enjoy high-shelf shopping during Mardi Gras. This means travel agents need to plan their clients’ vacations around big events if they want to give them a better shopping experience.
Weather – The weather at your client’s preferred destination affects how they will experience the holiday. Most travel customers prefer vacationing during sunny weather as it allows them more time outdoors.
Leave Days – You have to consider whether the client’s vacation timeline coincides with their annual leave or not.
Availability of Rooms – Depending on when you book the rooms at the customer’s preferred hotel (or resort), you can get great or crappy views.
Before you sell a vacation package to your customer, ensure you get the timelines right!
Modern travelers want to share their vacations with relatives and friends through various social channels. You need to determine if your customers care for such things as availability of cellphone signal and internet. This way, you can book them into vacation facilities that give them access to the internet.
By the time they settle on your travel agency, most customers will already have known that you specialize in certain travel suppliers.
If, for example, you are a Silver Cruise specialist, ensure you bring your A-game. The customers want to know that with your help, they will experience their dream vacation.
Sometimes your travel customers will be carrying expensive pieces of hardware such as smartphones, cameras, laptops, high-shelf clothes etc. There is no guaranteeing that this equipment will not be lost by the baggage handlers at the airports.
Other travelers will engage in dangerous activities such as sky diving, bungee jumping, mountaineering, and scuba diving.
To ensure their lives are not disrupted in case of an accident, you need to have insurance coverage for both the travelers and their belongings.
Get the above 5 things right and you will have lifetime travel customers. Did you find the above article helpful? We’ve got many more tips for travel agents. Click here to talk to our consultants.
Travel Client Mannerisms You Should Be Taking Advantage Of
If, for example, a client is becoming defensive, they will clench their fists, cross their arms, look down or have...
How Travel Agents Can Use Influencers for their Marketing Campaigns
The modern traveler does not attach a lot of weight to information coming from the internet unless it comes from...