Travel Agency Tribes

SEO for Travel Agencies

Ignore all the emails from SEO firms, if you followed the instructions so far, you’re 95% of the way there.
A

ny semi-decent travel agency website these days is already SEO optimized. Those are table stakes.

SEO companies trolling for your business will run a free report on your site that shows you should be using an H1 instead of a H2 tag on one or more of your pages.

But truth be told, that’s very little of what you need these days. According to Google these are the most important things that will cause you to rank higher:

  1. Have relevant content that people want
  2. Update your website frequently
  3. Link to your site from other important websites

Your “SEO Consultant” is not going to do any of those things for you - they’ll only tell you that you need to do them and collect a big fat fee.

Here are some more strategies you can follow to boost the above:

  1. Have strong headlines and opening paragraphs for everything you write.
  2. Repost to other channels and link back to your site.
  3. Go into detail on everything.
  4. Write how-to and industry related content in your blog.

The dirty truth about SEO, is that having high quality content is 95% of the work. The other 5% is the little tricks in the SEO reports that they did with your “site analysis”.

The more content you have on your site, the higher the chances of people finding you.

It’s that simple.

Next chapter: Tools we recommend | Table of Contents


Update it Frequently

Most people look at their website as an afterthought. No wonder we see so many brochureware and forgotten websites.Search engines like Google rank your website better when its updated often.This means continually adding new destinations, new blogs, testimonials and updating agent profiles.But what’s a good update frequency?Best - DailyGood -...


Emerging Trends in Travel Agency Content Marketing Part 2

Creating an authority where Google will send web traffic to your website is not easy. Fortunately, once you understand the...


Emerging Trends in Travel Agency Content Marketing Part 1

In 2018, travel agency content marketers are not only focusing on the volume of content produced, but also on its...

We help grow your business.