Here’s an African adventure that starts among Tanzania’s most famous wildlife reserves before taking you to remote under-explored national parks of the southern circuit. Embark on wildlife drives in Lake Manyara National Park (keeping your eyes open for the elusive tree-climbing lions), meet one of the researchers at the Serengeti Wildlife Centre, and scan your surroundings in the protected Selous Game Reserve for the zeals of zebras that call these grasslands home. Experience some of the best wildlife viewing in the world amid the landscapes of Tanzania.
National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Clean Cookstove Project Talk, Mto wa Mbu
National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Serengeti Wildlife Research Centre Lecture, Serengeti National Park
National Geographic Journeys Exclusives: Wildlife Conservation Discussions, Ruaha National Park
G Adventures for Good: Mto wa Mbu Village Visit and Lunch, Mto wa Mbu
G Adventures for Good: Clean Cookstove Project Visit, Mto wa Mbu. Arrival transfer. Wildlife safari drives in Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, and Serengeti National Park. Entrance to Olduvai Gorge. Entrances and wildlife safari drives in Ruaha and Selous National Parks. Boat and walking safari in Selous. Internal flights. All transport between destinations and to/from included activities.
Group Size Notes
Max 6, Avg 5.
11 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 8 dinners
4×4 safari vehicle, plane, boat, walking.
Safari Camp/lodges (5 nts), hotels (3 nts), comfortable tented camp (3 nts).
Finishing Point Instructions
This trip ends at the International airport in Dar es Salaam. If you are departing today, please be sure to book your international flight for late evening. Should you wish to stay the night in Dar es Salaam, please ask your sales agent about booking post night accommodation.
• Long-sleeved shirts or sweater
• Warm gloves
• Warm hat
• Warm layers
• Flight info (required) (Printouts of e-tickets may be required at the border)
• Insurance info (required) (With photocopies)
• Passport (required) (With photocopies)
• Required visas or vaccination certificates (required) (With photocopies)
• Vouchers and pre-departure information (required)
• Binoculars (optional)
• Camera (With extra memory cards and batteries)
• Cash, credit and debit cards
• Day pack (Used for daily excursions or short overnights)
• Ear plugs
• First-aid kit (should contain lip balm with sunscreen, sunscreen, whistle, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, bandaids/plasters, tape, anti-histamines, antibacterial gel/wipes, antiseptic cream, Imodium or similar tablets for mild cases of diarrhea, rehydration powder, water purification tablets or drops, insect repellent, sewing kit, extra prescription drugs you may be taking)
• Flashlight/torch (Headlamps are ideal)
• Fleece top/sweater
• Locks for bags
• Long pants/jeans
• Outlet adapter
• Personal entertainment (Reading and writing materials, cards, music player, etc.)
• Reusable water bottle
• Small travel towel
• Toiletries (Preferably biodegradable)
• Watch and alarm clock
• Waterproof backpack cover
• Windproof rain jacket
• Smart outfit (For evenings out)
• Shorts/skirts (Longer shorts/skirts are recommended)
• Sun hat/bandana
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.
Check-in times and baggage allowances/restrictions vary by airline and can change at any time. For the most up-to-date information for your flight, please contact your airline. We recommend checking in online in advance to avoid potential delays at the airport.
PRODUCT_LINE: DTENG, ID: 24818