ou could have a big agency, a small mom and pop store, or be in your home-office in your pajamas. It does not matter.
You need to get found.
Storefronts rely on elaborate signs and walk-in traffic. Local advertising, flyers and meet and greets also work.
But let’s face it, the vast majority of your audience is looking down at their phones as they walk (or heaven forbid, drive) past your location.
They’re looking for you, but they can’t find you. What’s wrong here?
You probably have nothing to search for. No footprint. A minor presence.
People use search engines.
These services work by scanning most of the websites in the world, including yours. Not only do you have to tell them where your website is (links), but you also have to give them something to search for too (good content).
Having a website with thin content (home page and a few specials) don’t cut it these days.
It’s like the difference between Walgreens and your old-fashioned mom and pop pharmacy. As much as you hate Walgreens, they have everything.
No wonder the mom and pop pharmacies died very quickly.
So not only do you need a home page, you need much more content.
Here’s a list of the kind of content you must have on your site (each should be a separate page):
- How your agency was founded
- Why you do what you do
- A page for each agent with a photo, email, phone number and bio as well as places they’ve travelled to
- A main page listing the destinations you specialize in
- A separate page listing each destination with a title, description, photos or videos and a means to contact you for a trip there
- A main page listing the tours you sell
- A separate page listing each tour separately with a title, description, photos, and a means to contact you about the tour
- Testimonials from your past customers
- A contact-us page to generate leads
- A blog
Yes, it takes some work. Most people putting up websites focus on the design and building process, but the real work starts when the people who built your site go home.
Now its all up to you.
The 4 Main Components of Travel Agency Marketing Plan
For you to be able to develop a great product, you need to ask yourself this question: how can I...
How To Use Email To Build Trust with People Who Don’t Know You
Every contact you make using your email should aim to achieve two things – build trust and sell your products....
As you can see, success with your online marketing is not about just setting it up. it’s about doing the work every week to help retain customers and attract new ones.If you decide to hire someone to help either full or part time, here are some tips.Get someone who is...